Hello guys and welcome back to another week of Expression Through Style. I took a wee break last week from blogging but I am back with a bang this week.
In honour of the world cup finals this week I decided to do a sporty, athleisure whilst also combining as many summer trends into one look as I possibly can.
Nigeria may be out of the world cup but their kit still bangs, they won't win the trophy this year but they defo win for best dressed.
So lets name the trends:
1. The relaxed sporty, athleisure look that was reigning all of 2017 is still here in 2018 which is the whole feel of this look.
2. Cycling Shorts are all the rage this season, from high street to red carpets you can't escape them. In this boiling hot weather we have been having here in the UK you can't be blamed for getting a pair or two of this item. I decided to vamp it up a little by getting this velvet one from BOOHOO.
3. Chunky trainers / Ugly trainers/ dad trainers what ever you want to call this they have returned with a vengeance every one and their dog are selling these from the high end ones like the Balenciagas, Gucci, Yeezys, to the midrange Nike Air 95 and Fila Disruptors to the highstreet ones from River Island like the ones i'm wearing to EGO, Pretty Little thing, Boohoo, Asos.
Literally just type in chunky trainers into goggle and your options are limitless.
4. Bum Bag, do I even need to talk about this one. It is one fashion item that seems to transcend generations (along with ripped jeans) from the youngest to the oldest anyone can pull off a bum bag.
5. Old School White socks / Sports Sock, if you are going to do the dad trainers may as well go all the way with the sports sock. ( And throw in a light shaku shaku dance)
PS : This photoshoot was done with no makeup on, so if you see that i'm a little shiny, it was that hot!!! The Real MVPs are the people who are still able to wear a full face of makeup in this weather!!
That is all I have for you today, thanks again for joining me. Let me know in the comments what you think of this look.
Don't forget to follow me on my social media pages. The links are on the top and bottom of this page, and remember to hashtag your looks with #stylemediumtips .